Meaning and Origin
What does the name Eros mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- A user from Mozambique says the name Eros is of Greek origin and means "The God of love".
- A user from New York, U.S. says the name Eros is of Greek origin and means "Eros is the Greek god of Love also has a other name which is more recognizable which is Cupid".
- According to a user from Greece, the name Eros is of Greek origin and means "Love/romantic".
Etymology: L., fr. Gr. � love, � (personified) Eros, fr. � to love
- A desire for sexual intimacy
- (Greek mythology) god of love; son of Aphrodite; identified with Roman Cupid
From Ancient Greek Ἔρως (Érōs).
- (Greek mythology) The god of love and sexual desire; son of either Erebus and Nyx or Aphrodite and Ares. His Roman counterpart is Cupid.
- 433 Eros, an asteroid
Eros was also found in the following language(s): Catalan, Portuguese, and Spanish