Meaning and Origin
What does the name Dak mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- 2 submissions from the United Kingdom agree the name Dak means "Chosen one" and is of Italian origin.
- A user from India says the name Dak is of Hindi origin and means "Relays".
- According to a user from South Dakota, U.S., the name Dak is of African origin and means "Devastation/Destruction".
- A user from Michigan, U.S. says the name Dak is of Hindi origin and means "Lake".
Etymology: Hind. ḍāk
- East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye
From Hindi, Marathi डाक (ḍāk).
- (India) A post system by means of transport relays of horses stationed at intervals along a route or network, carrying mail and passengers.
dak was also found in the following language(s): Afrikaans, Albanian, Central Nicobarese, Dutch, Eastern Mnong, Kharia, Korwa, Lojban, Malay, Maltese, and Semelai