Meaning and Origin
What does the name Aine mean? Keep reading to find the user submitted meanings, dictionary definitions, and more.
User Submitted Origins
User Submitted Meanings
- According to a user from Ireland, the name Aine is of Celtic origin and means "Ancient Irish name from the noun aine that means 'splendor, radiance, brilliance.' Aine is connected with fruitfulness and prosperity. The queen of the Munster fairies was called Aine as was one of the wives of Fionn Mac Cool (read the legend). Aine appears in folktales as 'the best-hearted woman who ever lived - lucky in love and in money.' English translation is Anne".
- A user from Ireland says the name Aine means "Radiance and responsibilty".
- A user from New York, U.S. says the name Aine is of Irish origin and means "Radiance".
- A user from Ireland says the name Aine is of Irish origin and means "Grace or Radiance".
- According to a user from the United Kingdom, the name Aine means "fairy".
- A user from Czech Republic says the name Aine is of Irish origin and means "An Irish summer goddess".